What’s new in early learning
“I continue to believe that if children are given the necessary tools to succeed, they will succeed beyond their wildest dreams!” – David Vitter, former US Senator
Pitsco has served the education market for more than 50 years with our historical core focus being in the Grades 6-8 career tech exploration space. After 50 years of serving students and educators all over the world, we know that hands-on learning really begins very early on in a child’s life. While hands-on learning prompts the beginning of discovery and exploration among learners of all ages, anything involving hands on in early learning is going to impact a child’s conceptual, motor, and physical development.
Not only that, but because hands-on learning is so collaborative, early learners gain many valuable skills that address social-emotional learning skills such as conflict resolution and teamwork.
Knowing all this, last year, we launched our first-ever Little Book, and we now serve a variety of hands-on STEM educational needs as early as pre-K with our curriculum and solutions.
How cool is that?!
Bundles of Joy
With the release of the Little Book and all the new early-learning solutions we now carry, one of the solutions I’m most excited about is our PreK-2 STEM Activity Bundles, which are super cool, fun, and engaging for students. Not only are the children actively engaged through playful learning and organic exploration, but the bundles are also trouble free and painless for the teacher. These bundles are so easy to implement you don’t even need the easy button. ?
As a quick reference, here are some of the activity bundles’ biggest advantages:
- Differentiated learning within each lesson and bundle
- Aligned with standards, including standards for NGSS and Common Core ELA and Math Standards
- Includes cross-curricular activities
- Many opportunities to expand and modify the lessons
- Minimal consumable materials
- Work great in summer camps or after-school environments
Variety Is Key
I’d venture to guess all of us like a little bit of variety and some options to choose from! If you’re one of these people, you’ve come to the right place. ? In addition to the advantages already mentioned, you’re not confined to just one bundle. We have 15 different bundles to pick and choose from. So, for example, in a classroom where you have stations, these bundles would fit in perfectly! This allows for a robust and well-rounded classroom experience for the student.
Our variety of activity bundle topics include:
- Animal Structures: Students explore different animal structures and human and animal skeletons.
- Design and Construction: Students learn about different structures and build a structure to fill a need.
- Exploring Senses: Students investigate the five senses and how they use them to perceive the environment around them.
- Forces in Motion: Students learn the basics of push and pull forces.
- Measuring and Graphing: Students measure heat, light, and sound using sensors.
- Rhythm and Patterns: Students learn about rhythm and create a new communication method using patterns.
There are many more early-learning bundle titles to choose from as well. But, rest assured, each one provides an incredibly valuable and engaging experience for students. And, not only are there a wide variety of titles to choose from but each bundle also has teacher resources to help guide the students’ experience.
Valuable Teacher Resources
For the teacher, even though these bundles are easy to implement, and you have options to choose from, we don’t leave you hanging without a guide or resources!
Each bundle comes with an activity guide and serves 10-12 students. Each guide includes activities and one engineering challenge. Furthermore, each activity guide includes various career connections so the learner can really see themselves in that specific career. It’s a way for them to view the world in a different way while having fun doing it!
For more information on our PreK-2 Early Learning Activity Bundles, you can visit our early-learning page. And, even better, if you have any additional questions, please reach out to the education advisor for your state and they can certainly help you with any questions you might have.
And, as always, stay safe and keep being awesome! You’re making a difference!