There are few skills that are as easy to practice in everyday life as keeping time and counting money. Teaching students about time and money is made much easier with the right tools on hand. These Teacher Favorite products are great to use in the classroom or for practice at home as students master telling time and counting money.
Teaching Time & Money: Applicable Tips for Family Engagement
Much like reading and writing, there are many different ways in which families can participate in skills practice around keeping time and counting money. Because the skills are so applicable, families can use the clocks, money, and games at home to fortify learning in the classroom.
Here are some great ways families can engage students in practicing time and money skills:
- Ask students periodically what the time reads on different types of clocks. Help them to practice reading both digital and analog clocks.
- Discuss the different ways to describe time like, “quarter to 1:00,” and “half past 3:00”.
- Ask students to count and explain how much money was received in change after purchases.
- Discuss the different types of money and how to decide which coins and which bills are most logical to use when making purchases.
- Classic board games like Monopoly and The Game of Life can help older students to have fun while practicing money management skills.
Classroom Money Kits
Money Games & Activities
Classroom Clock & Time Telling Kits
Clock and Time Games & Activities
More Teacher Must-Haves and Best-Sellers
Looking for more lists of teacher favorite tools and classroom must-haves? Be sure to stop by the Must-Haves tag page to find all the desk accessories, organizational tools, and classroom decor items you need. Make this year the best one yet and give your students all they need to take on challenges and learn new and exciting concepts.