The “school” year is coming to a close and summer is coming in hot (literally and figuratively). Normally, kids everywhere would be preparing for their summer camps, but this year is a little different – everyone got thrown a curveball. Thankfully, the world doesn’t just quit when we get the unexpected. We overcome. We innovate. We make the best out of it. And, above all else, we come together.
This summer, we can do all of that. We know that students missed out on memories, education, growth, and so much more with the unforeseen closures, but we believe that this summer can be used to gain back those experiences. Yes, summer isn’t canceled, and neither is learning. Learning is essential and however you are making it happen, IT MATTERS.
Whether you’re still planning out your summer program or trying to find a Plan B for your students or kiddos, we’ve rounded up some ways you can make this the best summer ?!
Jump-Start Your Summer
Our goal, as always, has been to help YOU. And the best way we can do that is to help you facilitate experiences that matter! If your summer programs are still on, we’re pumped to start learning together and help you plan your STEM camp!
We recently released new ready-made resources, including our STEM guide and coding and robotics guide. You’ll find sample programs, loads of ideas, resources, and more to start creating a personalized experience for your summer! And be sure to explore all our STEM and coding and robotics products that will fit into any learning program!
Check out how we can work together to make a difference at Pitsco.com/camps (PS: giveaways are included ?)!
Pitch Your Tent at Home
For many, it’s uncertain if camps or programs will be able to continue forward this summer and if getting together will even be an option. But, hands-on, minds-on education can happen anywhere, even in your own home!
Let camp come to your front door this summer! We recently released STEM Boxes that include all the materials and instructions for students to start learning at home! Each box includes five projects, hours of fun, and endless learning possibilities. Choose the best one for your program:
Or, get the whole family involved in some STEMspiration with the Family Design Challenges Kit! Boredom = Crushed.
You can bring distance learning to life with these coding products. Each one has all the resources needed to create the best (at-home) coding camp!
DIY Camp Counselor
If you’re feeling overwhelmed having your kids home with you all summer, why not create your own camp? You could be the hip camp counselor! Create a science camp, make a fun themed camp, or even an adventure camp. Dive into these fun summer camp ideas and activities:
- DIY Summer Math Camp: Budget-Friendly Activity Plans
- All You Need For a DIY Summer Science Camp
- 10 Summer Hobbies for Kids (That They Can Learn Themselves)
- Space Camp Activities for a Space Summer Camp At Home!
- Top 10 spring and summer activities
- Summer Camp at Home – Tips and Themes
While summer is all about getting outside and soaking in the sun, it doesn’t hurt to have some technology once in a while! Everyone is overcoming challenges, and trying to educate and keep your students or kids engaged is hard, but you don’t have to do it alone. Explore our Code @ Home page so we can learn to code all summer long!
If you’re still trying to beat the summer heat during a “staycation” or find ways to fill in time between other activities, explore these resources:
- Find activities, ideas, and games at PBS Kids for Parents. You can search activities by age range and the type of learning topic that will suit your kids! You can also watch shows and join read-alongs.
- Design in minutes with Autodesk® Tinkercad®! Create 3-D builds or design with code. Let your kids’ imaginations run wild!
- Join NASA Kids’ Club, because who doesn’t love rockets and space? Find a variety of space-related projects and games to play all while learning about NASA!
- Program your own interactive stories with Scratch. For ages 8 to 16, this block-based coding will keep your kids engaged and inspired all day.
- For younger coders, check out KUBO PLAY! Find tutorials and challenges to start learning how coding and various coding functions work.
However your summer will look like this year, we hope you make it the best one yet! Be sure to tag us on social or share a comment about what you’re doing to keep learning this summer!